Popular DJ, singer and songwriter Craig David is currently on his arena tour in the UK, and as part of his tour, he will be heading to Manchester.
The tour was due to be held in 2020, but was unfortunately cancelled and then pushed back to 2022 due to the Coronaviruspandemic.
The arena tour comes just a month before the release of his eighth studio album, titled ‘22’ , marking 22 years since the release of his debut album.
The tour is labelled ‘Hold That Thought’ and will be heading to major cities in the country.
When does Craig David perform in Manchester?
Craig David is performing at the iconic AO Arena in Manchester for just one night only, and is set to perform on April 23, 2022.
He was due to perform at the AO Arena on Friday, April 17 2020, however due to UK lockdown restrictions, the show was rescheduled.
David has previously performed in Manchester, on April 1 2017, as part of his ‘Following My Intuition Tour’.
Where else is he playing?
His tour is due to kick off on April 7, 2022 in Nottingham, and will see David perform 13 shows in 11 cities.
He will then travel to Birmingham for two shows, before travelling to Plymouth, Brighton, London, Bournemouth, Cardiff and Leeds before Manchester.
The full UK tour dates:
- April 7- Nottingham Motorpoint Arena
- April 9- Birmingham Utilita Arena
- April 10 - Birmingham Utilita Arena
- April 12- Plymouth Pavilions
- April 13 - Brighton Centre
- April 16 - London, The O2
- April 17 - London, The O2
- April 19 - Bournemouth BIC
- April 20 - Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
- April 22 - Leeds First Direct Arena
- April 23 - Manchester AO Arena
- April 24 - Liverpool M&S Bank Arena
- April 26 - Hull Bonus Arena
- April 28 - Glasgow O2 Academy
- April 29 - Newcastle O2 City Hall
- July 16, 17 - Newport Isle of Wight Festival
- July 21 - Hertfordshire Standon Lordship
- August 20 - Margate Dreamland
- September 3 - Stafford - The Trentham Estate
How do I get tickets?
Tickets for the DJ’s performance in Manchester are currently available, with many tickets still left to purchase.
The tickets can be purchased via Ticketmaster, and the cheapest tickets available currently cost £31.70 each.
What might the set list be?
The current set list for the tour has not yet been confirmed, however, there is a set list available from one of his performances in 2021, which was:
- When The Bassline Drops/Killing Me Softly
- Fill Me In
- Flowers/It’s Not Right But It’s Okay/Sorry
- When The Bassline Drops
- No Scrubs
- Jump Around/Jenny From The Block/Heartline
- No Drama
- Really Love
- Temperature/Who Runs The World
- Ain’t Giving Up
- Wild Thoughts/Music Sounds Better With You
- Show Me Love/Nothing Like This
- 7 Days
What is the support act?
The support act for his UK tour will be Lost Girl and Nippa.
Lost Girl is a British singer from Berkshire, and began releasing music in 2020.
Nippa is an R&B artist from North London. He too began releasing music in 2020.
Who is Craig David?
Craig David is a musician from England, who has enjoyed a career that has spanned over two decades.
David, who is an avid fan of Southampton Football Club, was made an MBE for his services to music in 2021.
Since he got his big break in 1999, and released his first studio album a year later, David has achieved two number one singles and albums, has received 14 Brit Award nominations and two Grammy nominations.
His album ‘Born To Do It’ has been certified platinum six times.