Manchester shooting: Moss Side stabbings not linked to murder on Claremont Road, police confirm

Police say four reports of stabbings in the area are not connected to the fatal shooting in Moss Side.

Greater Manchester police have said that a number of serious assaults in Moss Side are not linked to the murder of a 20-year-old man on Claremont Road in the early hours of Monday (15 August).

The victim was shot and despite efforts from emergency services at the scene, he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police have been investigating four other assaults in the Moss Side area but say they have now determined they are not linked to the murder.

A man has been shot dead in Moss Side Manchester

Detective Superintendent David Meeney said: “Of the four assaults that were reported whereby males have received stab injuries, it has now been established that these are three unrelated incidents.

"Two incidents took place outside of the Moss Side area and are subsequently being investigated by our colleagues on other districts and one incident took place on Roseberry Street, Moss Side. Fortunately, all those who suffered injuries in relation to these incidents have been released from hospital.

“Four suspects have been arrested linked to these assaults and have been bailed whilst investigations are ongoing. We will continue to have an increased presence in Moss Side as we follow all lines of enquiry regarding these incidents.

”We encourage anyone who has any information regarding the events that unfolded just after midnight on 15 August 2022 to speak to us."

The incidents happened the day after Manchester Caribbean Carnival and police have previously appealed for anyone in the area who has seen anything to come forward.

  • Anyone with any information, photos or videos regarding these incidents can be given by calling 101, or by using the online reporting service on the GMP website here.

Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.