American rapper Kendrick Lamar has announced a world tour fresh from the release of his fifth studio album ‘Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers’.
One of the dates on the European tour will see the fourteen-time Grammy winner visit Manchester.
Ahead of tickets going on sale, here’s all you need to know about when the Manchester show is, how you get tickets, and where else the rapper is playing?
When does Kendrick Lamar play in Manchester?
The Manchester show will take place at the AO Arena on Wednesday 16 November 2022. This will be the last of his shows on the European leg of the tour.
Where else will he play?
Kendrick Lamar has a huge European leg of his tour lined up, which will see him visit continental Europe before finishing in Manchester.
This will start in Amsterdam on 7 October and finish in Manchester on 16 November 2022.
After this, Kendrick Lamar will head to Australia and New Zealand for five tour dates.
The full list of European tour dates is below
- Fri Oct 07 – Amsterdam, NL – Ziggo Dome
- Mon Oct 10 – Prague, CZ – O2 Arena
- Tue Oct 11 – Berlin, DE – Mercedes-Benz Arena
- Thu Oct 13 – Hamburg, DE – Barclays Arena
- Sat Oct 15 – Copenhagen, DK – Royal Arena
- Mon Oct 17 – Stockholm, SE – Avicii Arena
- Wed Oct 19 – Oslo, NO – Telenor Arena
- Fri Oct 21 – Paris, FR – Accor Arena
- Mon Oct 24 – Stuttgart, DE – Scheleyerhalle
- Tue Oct 25 – Zurich, CH – Hallenstadion
- Wed Oct 26 – Laussane, CH – Vaudoise Aréna
- Fri Oct 28 – Antwerp, BE – Sportpaleis
- Sun Oct 30 – Cologne, DE – Lanxess Arena
- Mon Oct 31 – Frankfurt, DE – Festhalle
- Wed Nov 02– Glasgow, UK – OVO Hydro
- Thu Nov 03 – Leeds, UK – First Direct Arena
- Fri Nov 04 – Newcastle, UK – Utilita Arena
- Sat Nov 05 – Birmingham, UK – Utilita Arena
- Mon Nov 07 – London, UK – The O2
- Tue-Nov 08 – London, UK – The O2
- Sun Nov 13 – Dublin, IE – 3Arena
- Wed Nov 16 – Manchester, UK – AO Arena
Can I get tickets to the Manchester gig?
Tickets for all UK and Ireland shows are on sale this week, but there are pre-sale tickets also available if you want to try and get hold of tickets before general sale.
Three pre-sale, O2 Priority tickets and tickets through Live Nation presale are on sale in the lead up to general sale release.
The Three presale begins at 10am on Wednesday, 18 May, whilst the Live Nation and O2 Priority open at 10am on Thursday, 19 May.
These two presale opportunities end at 9am on Friday, 20 May.
General sale tickets will go on sale at 10am on Friday, 20 May through Ticketmaster.
What is the setlist?
As the tour has just been announced, it is hard to get a picture of what kind of setlist Kendrick Lamar will take on tour with him.
We can assume that there will be a range of songs from albums both old and new.
It would be a huge surprise if he didn’t bring songs from his new album out on tour with him.
Keep an eye on setlist.fm for updates on which songs he plays once the tour gets underway in July.
Who is supporting Kendrick Lamar?
For his UK dates, Kendrick Lamar will be supported by Baby Keem and Tanna Leone.
Baby Keem, whose real name is Hykeem Jamaal Carter Jr, is an American rapper who is making his own way in the world of rap.
Tanna Leone, who has worked on Lamar’s label, is also supporting Kendrick on his UK tour dates.
Who is Kendrick Lamar?
Kendrick Lamar Duckworth is an American rapper, songwriter, and record producer.
Aside from his solo career, he is also a member of the hip hop supergroup Black Hippy alongside his former Top Dawg Entertainment (TDE) labelmates Ab-Soul, Jay Rock, and Schoolboy Q.
Kendrick Lamar has released five studio albums, the most recent he released on 13 May 2022.
His five studio albums are listed below.
- Section.80 (2011)
- Good Kid, M.A.A.D City (2012)
- To Pimp a Butterfly (2015)
- Damn (2017)
- Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers (2022)