Hit music sensation Ed Sheeran is out on his + - = ÷ x Tour following the release of his latest album ‘=’ which was released last year.
As part of the huge stadium tour, Sheeran is coming to Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium for not one, not two, not even three, but four nights in June.
Ahead of the blockbuster shows, here’s all you need to know about Ed Sheeran, if tickets are still available, and what setlist we can expect him to bring to Manchester
When does Ed Sheeran play in Manchester?
As established, Ed Sheeran will be performing in Manchester for four nights in June.
These shows will take place at the Etihad Stadium on 9,10,11 and 12 June.
Where else is he playing?
The Manchester shows are in the middle of a vast outdoor arena tour which is set to go long into the summer.
Sheeran began in Cork at the end of April, and will finish his 2022 touring schedule in Frankfurt at the end of September.
For the singer songwriters full 2022 schedule, see below.
- 28 April 2022, Cork, at Páirc Uí Chaoimh
- 5 May 2022, Limerick, at Thomond Park
- 12 May 2022, Belfast, at Boucher Road Playing Fields
- 26 and 27 May 2022, Cardiff, Principality Stadium
- 3 and 4 June 2022, Sunderland, Stadium of Light
- 9, 10,11 and 12 June 2022, Manchester, Etihad Stadium
- 16 and 17 June 2022, Glasgow, Hampden Park
- 29 and 30 June, 1 July 2022, London, Wembley Stadium
- 7 July 2022, Gelsenkirchen, Germany, Veltins-Arena
- 14 and 15 July 2022, Amsterdam, Netherlands, Johan Cruijff ArenA
- 22 July 2022, Brussels, Belgium, King Baudouin Stadium
- 29 July 2022, Paris, France, Stade De France
- 4 August 2022, Copenhagen, Denmark, Øresundsparken
- 10 August 2022, Gothenburg, Sweden, Ullevi
- 20 August 2022, Helsinki, Finland, Olympic Stadium
- 25 August 2022, Warsaw, Poland, PGE Narodowy
- 1 September 2022, Vienna, Austria, Ernst Happel Stadium
- 10 September 2022, Munich, Germany, Olympiastadium
- 16 September 2022, Zurich, Switzerland, Letzigrund Stadion
- 23 September 2022, Frankfurt, Germany, Deutsche Bank Park
How do I get tickets for the Manchester shows?
As expected, tickets have sold very well for all nights in Manchester.
Through Ticketmaster, resale tickets are available for both standing and seated sections of the Etihad Stadium on all four dates.
These tickets start at £58.65 and are available through the official Ticketmaster website.
You can also check out other ticketing platforms by visiting the official website of Ed Sheeran.
What is the setlist?
The tour is well underway, and therefore we can gauge what songs Ed Sheeran will perform in Manchester.
According to Setlist.fm, the setlist for the tour includes tracks from all of Sheeran’s albums, as expected due to the name of the tour.
A previous show on the tour kicked off with Tides, Blow and I’m a Mess, and he ended the 25-song setlist with Shape of You, Bad Habits and You Need Me/I Don’t Need You in his encore. He even threw in a cover of the hit he penned for Justin Bieber, Love Yourself, mid-set.
Who is the support act?
The support act for all of his UK stadium tour events is Maisie Peters.
Peters gained popularity on YouTube before signing to Atlantic Records.
Maisie will perform each night in Manchester before Ed Sheeran
Who is Ed Sheeran?
Ed Sheeran has become one of the most familiar names in world music since bursting onto the scene in 2010.
Since being noticed online all those years ago, he has gone on to release four albums and sell over 150 million records worldwide.
Could this be Ed Sheeran’s last tour?
On a 2021 podcast, Ed Sheeran hinted that his 2022 stadium tour could be his last, saying that he may focus his time on his family rather than music and touring.
“I think it’s about finding the balance with that - and I honestly think that this next tour that I’m going on, at the end of the tour, I can’t see myself going on one of them like that again,” the musician said.