Kennie Carter: 13th teenager is arrested over Manchester fatal stabbing

Thirteen arrests have now been made in total in connection with 16-year-old Kennie’s murder.

<p>Kennie Carter who died after being stabbed in Manchester Credit: GMP</p>

Kennie Carter who died after being stabbed in Manchester Credit: GMP

Police have made a further arrest in connection with the murder of Manchester teenager Kennie Carter.

Kennie, 16, was stabbed in the chest in Stretford on Saturday 22 January and later died in hospital.

Police say they are following a number of lines of enquiry. They arrested a 17-year-old boy from Hulme on Tuesday. He was questioned by detectives and later released on bail.

It brings the number of arrests in the investigation to 13.

Nine teenagers - aged between 13 and 17 - have already been arrested on suspicion of murder and remain on bail with conditions after being interviewed by investigators from our Major Incident Team.

Three other teenage boys who were arrested have since been eliminated from the inquiry.

Kennie Carter who died after being stabbed in Manchester Credit: GMP

Police are also asking members of the public who may have dashcam, CCTV or doorbell footage of the night to contact them. Police say they have so far trawled over 100 hours of CCTV and spoken to more than 50 people.

What have police said?

Anyone who lives in or passed through the Moss Road, Davyhulme Road, and Thirlmere Avenue areas between 6-7pm on Saturday 22 January has been asked to check any footage they may have and to get in touch with police with anything that could appear suspicious.

The area was busy at the time in the aftermath of a Manchester United match.

Detective Chief Inspector Alicia Smith, of GMP’s Major Incident Team, said previously: “Ever since we became aware of Kennie’s tragic death, we have been working around the clock and conducted numerous different lines of enquiry to ensure Kennie’s loved ones are given the answers they rightly crave.

“Despite speaking to a number of witnesses, suspects, and other members of the public, we know there are still people out there we haven’t yet spoken to who may have crucial information.

“This includes those who may have just been passing through the area at that time who didn’t realise they were witnesses to a murder or who could’ve seen the prior moments or aftermath of this swift but deliberate attack.

“Anything that may have appeared like young men in confrontation, fighting, or running to or from the Moss Road, Thirlmere Road, and Victoria Road areas on that Saturday night could be vital footage and therefore I urge anyone driving through that part of town that evening to check their footage.”

  • You can submit footage or images to police here or call GMP on 0161 856 9908 quoting incident 2529 of 22/01/202, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.