Patients’ satisfaction with booking a GP appointment is on the rise, despite a debate whether doctors are seeing enough people face-to-face.
The majority of patients (71%) had a good experience booking an appointment, according to the latest GP Patient Survey, produced by Ipsos MORI on behalf of NHS England.
This is up from 65% in the 2020 survey.
The patient survey contacted 2.4 million people from January to April 2021 to gather information on how patients feel about their local GP service, and around a third of them responded.
Here, we look at where in the Manchester Clinical Commissioning Group area was voted the hardest to make an appointment at during that time. The figure in brackets indicates the percentage of patients surveyed who rated their overall experience in making an appointment as ‘very poor’.
1. Droylsden Road Family Practice, Newton Heath. (24.2%)
2. Peel Hall Medical Centre, Simonsway, Wythenshawe (21.6%)
3. Charlestown MD, Charlestown Road, Blackley (16.8%)
4. The Avenue Medical Centre, Victoria Road, Blackley (14.5%)
5. Northenden Group Practice, Pallatine Road, Northenden (13.8%)
6. Longsight Medical Practice, Stockport Road, Longsight (12.7%)
7. Hawthorn MC, Birchfields Road, Manchester (12.3%)
8. Parkside Surgery, Northmoor Road, Longsight (12%)
9. Valentine Medical Centre, Smethurst Street, Blackley (11.6%)
10. Simpson Medical Practice, 361 Moston Lane, Moston (10.7%).