GP surgeries have been voted for in a patient survey Credit: Shutterstock
Patients’ satisfaction with booking a GP appointment is on the rise, despite a public row brewing over whether doctors are seeing enough people face-to-face.
The majority of patients (71%) had a good experience booking an appointment, according to the latest GP Patient Survey, produced by Ipsos MORI on behalf of NHS England. This is up from 65% in the 2020 survey.
The issue of whether GPs are offering enough face-to-face appointments as Covid-19 restrictions ease remains hotly debated.
Health Secretary Sajid Javid has now unveiled a £250m package for GPs in England to improve access to their services - but only if they increase the number of in-person consultations. GP groups have responded angrily, accusing ministers of failing to grasp the scale of the staffing crisis affecting surgeries.
What does the patient survey tell us?
The patient survey contacted 2.4 million people from January to April of this year to gather information on how patients feel about their local GP service, and around a third of them responded.
The results reveal the best and worst rated surgeries in Manchester and beyond. They also shed light on people’s experiences of booking an appointment locally.
Here we reveal the GP practices in NHS Manchester Clinical Commissioning Group area which were voted the 10 easiest to make an appointment at. Surgeries are ranked by the proportion of patients who said their experience of booking an appointment was ‘very good’.
1. Wilbraham Surgery, Chorlton, Manchester
2. Brooklands Medical Practice, Altrincham Road, Manchester
3. Dr Khan’s Medical Practice, Clayton, Manchester
4. Vallance Centre, Brunswick Street, Manchester
5. Ancoats Urban Village medical practice, Ancoats, Manchester
6. Ashville Surgery, Whalley Range, Manchester
7. Dr Chiu, Koh & Gan at the Vallance Centre, Manchester
8. The Singh Medical Practice, Harpurhey, Manchester
9. The Doc’s Surgery, Bloom Street, Manchester
10. Northern Moor medical practice, Wythenshawe, Manchester.
Let us know your experiences in booking a GP appointment: find us on Facebook here to comment on this story.