Coldplay in Manchester: full setlist from the last time Chris Martin and co played at the Etihad Stadium
Coldplay were last in Manchester over five years ago- here are the songs they played that night
and live on Freeview channel 276
Coldplay are about to start a run of four shows in the space of a week in Manchester. The dates take place at Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium and start on May 31.
This will not be the first time that the band has played at the Etihad Stadium, although it is their first manchester tour dates in some time. In fact, the last Coldplay performance in Manchester was in June 2016- nearly seven years ago.
As Manchester looks ahead to welcoming Coldpay back for the four date stay, we’ve taken a look back through the years at this last tour gig. To see which songs were played on this last visit, we’ve got together the full set list from the 2016 show.
Well known tracks such as ‘The Scientist’ and ‘Viva la Vida’ were played during this last show. Fans heading to the Etihad this week can probably expect to hear these and many other of the band’s classic tracks.
Full Coldplay setlist from gig at Etihad Stadium on June 5 2016
- A Head Full of Dreams (extended intro with Charlie Chaplin speech)
- Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall
- The Scientist
- Birds (with "Oceans" excerpt in intro)
- Paradise (with Tiësto remix outro)
- Lovers in Japan
- Charlie Brown
- Hymn for the Weekend
- Fix You (with "Midnight" excerpt in intro)
- "Heroes" (David Bowie cover)
- Viva la Vida
- Adventure of a Lifetime
- Kaleidoscope (extended)
- Don't Panic (acoustic; not on the printed setlist)
- In My Place (audience request song; acoustic)
- See You Soon (with snippet of 'Live Forever' by Oasis)
- Amazing Day (extended intro)
- A Sky Full of Stars