Man Utd key transfer target ‘open’ to joining top tier rivals instead amid Cristiano Ronaldo revelation

Watch more of our videos on Shots! 
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now

This article contains affiliate links. We may earn a small commission on items purchased through this article, but that does not affect our editorial judgement.

All the latest Manchester United transfer news and rumours as Erik ten Hag’s men continue their winning ways in pre-season.

Manchester United are now pressing ahead with their pre-season preparations.

It’s so far, so good for the Red Devils in terms of their summer fixtures, with Erik ten Hag’s men continuing their good form thanks to a 3-1 win over Crystal Palace on Tuesday.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford and Jadon Sancho were all on target as the trio continue their good form.

In the meantime, United are still working away to land new players, and with that in mind, we have rounded up all the latest transfer news and rumours surrounding Old Trafford:

De Jong blow

United have been dealt a fresh blow in their bid to land Barcelona star Frenkie de Jong, according to reports.

The Red Devils have been trying to land the midfielder all summer, but they have made little progress despite widespread reports claiming a fee has been agreed.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

According to a fresh story from Sport, De Jong is continuing to reject United, with his reasoning said to be that he’s not keen on the city and believes the club have been ‘eratic’ in recent years.

It’s said, however, that he would be open to joining Chelsea or Bayern Munich.

Tuanzebe interest

Bournemouth are reportedly considering making an offer for United defender Alex Tuanzebe.

United are now well stacked at centre-back amid the arrival of Lisandro Martinez, and Tuanzebe is likely to depart in a bid to secure regular football.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

The Athletic say newly promoted Bournemouth are considering a move, but there is also interest from Turkey.

Ronaldo offered out

Cristiano Ronaldo is said to have been offered to Atletico Madrid this summer.

The Portuguese star may be a Real Madrid legend, but COPE say his agent, Jorge Mendes, has told Atletico the superstar would be willing to make the move to the Wanda Metropolitano.

As per the report, Ronaldo wants to be involved in a good sporting project and is willing to take a wage cut to secure a move. However, United are maintaining they want to keep him.

Comment Guidelines

National World encourages reader discussion on our stories. User feedback, insights and back-and-forth exchanges add a rich layer of context to reporting. Please review our Community Guidelines before commenting.