Man Utd’s £50m offer ‘laughed off’ as Man City send Joao Cancelo price tag demand to Barcelona

All the latest news and transfer rumours surrounding Manchester City and Manchester United.
Watch more of our videos on Shots! 
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now

Manchester City and Manchester United both return to Premier League action this weekend after playing in the Champions League during the week.

United were beaten 4-3 away from home by Bayern Munich to continue their disappointing start to the season, while City beat Red Star Belgrade 3-1 to continue their faultless start to the campaign. United return to Premier League action at Turf Moor on Saturday night, taking on Burnley, while City take on Nottingham Forest.

In the meantime, we have rounded up all the latest news and transfer rumours surrounding both clubs.

Ferguson offer

United are said to have offered £50million for Brighton star Evan Ferguson during the transfer window.

The Red Devils wound up signing Rasmus Hojlund for as much as £72million after an exhaustive striker search, but ESPN claim United first made a move to sign Brighton star Ferguson, who has scored four times in five Premier League games so far this term. The report claims United submittted a £50million offer that was ‘laughed off’ by the Seagulls.

Ferguson is said to have grown up a United fan, but he is also said to have wanted to stay at Brighton, prioritising regular first-team football.

Cancelo quote

City are said to have told Barcelona how much they will have to pay to sign Joao Cancelo on a permanent deal.

Cancelo is spending the season on loan with Barca after a loan spell with Bayern Munich last season. The full-back was once a key part of Pep Guardiola’s plans, but he later fell out with the Spaniard, and his future looks to be away from the Etihad Stadium.

Barcelona may look to make the loan deal permanent at the end of the season, and Mundo Deportivo say City have quoted £21.7million for the sale of Cancelo, who is under contract until 2027.