Filling up an average tank is now more than £12 more expensive than a year ago, with the rise in wholesale gas prices translating into bigger spends at the pumps.
Prices have now climbed by over 10p a litre at a number of stations we ran a price-check on in late October.
1. Costco, Broadway, Oldham: petrol 140.9p; diesel 143.7p
2. St Anne’s service station, Ashton Old Road, M11 1GR: Petrol 141.9p, diesel 144.9p
3. Asda Harpurhey, Moston Lane: Petrol 142.7p, diesel 145.7p
4. Tesco Blackley Automat, Victoria Avenue East: petrol 142.9p, diesel 145.9p
5. Costco Manchester Automat, Trader Avenue, M41 7ZA: petrol 142.9p; diesel (not stated)
6. Tesco Extra Gorton, Hyde Road: petrol 143.9p, diesel 145.9p
7. Sainsbury’s Heaton Park: petrol 143.9p, diesel 146.9p
8. Tesco Failsworth Extra, Oldham Road: petrol 143.9p, diesel 145.9p
9. Tesco Prestwich, Bury New Road: petrol 143.9p; diesel 147.9p
10. Asda Eastlands, Alan Turing Way: petrol 144.6p, diesel 146.7p
* Prices correct at time of publication.