Manchester Arndale stabbing: three more boys arrested over attack in Next
It brings the total number of arrests to six, Greater Manchester police said.
and live on Freeview channel 276
Police have issued an update today after a 16-year-old boy was stabbed in a shop at the Arndale Centre.
Officers were called to Next at 7.20pm on Friday 28 January and said there had been a ‘disturbance’ between two groups of teenagers.
A 16-year-old boy was stabbed in the chest and was taken to hospital but police said his injuries were not life-threatening nor ‘life-changing.’
Two other teenagers were taken to hospital with minor injuries and later let home.
Greater Manchester police today (Saturday 19 February) said three new arrests had been made over the incident - with three boys aged 14, 16 and 17 arrested on suspicion of section 18 assault and violent disorder. They have since been bailed pending further enquiries.
Another three boys previously arrested in connection with the same incident are also on bail.
A spokesman said inquiries are ongoing.
What else did police say?
Speaking previously, Chief Inspector Wignall, of the City Centre Neighbourhood team, said: “Extensive enquiries - including assessment of CCTV and mobile phone footage - have been carried out ever since this incident occurred, which resulted in three arrests relating to (the) incident.
“We’ve seen unacceptable anti-social behaviour in our city centre of late and we are clear in saying we will not tolerate it, and those involved who we haven’t already spoken to should expect further police contact in the coming days and weeks.”