A 52-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of rape and sexual assault after police were called out to Manchester city centre.
Police attended an address in Princess Street, to investigate a report that a man had been raped inside a property.
They said inquiries have since established that before police arrived, the victim fled the property just before 10pm, stopping members of the public passing in the street, informing them of what had happened.
A man who was later arrested has since been released on bail.
The incident was reported around 10pm on Sunday 13 February 2022 and GMP said enquiries are ongoing, with detectives appealing for anyone with information to get in touch with police.
What have police said?
Detective Constable Mike Reed, of GMP’s City of Manchester division said: “This was a terrifying ordeal for the victim and he is currently receiving specialist support whilst we carry out our investigation.
“I appreciate the concern that incidents such as this will cause for members of the public, particularly due to its proximity to a busy section of the city centre, but I want to reassure you that we are treating this with the utmost seriousness and following all available lines of enquiry.
“When the victim left the property he spoke to passing members of the public and we are currently appealing for any of those people he spoke with to come forward and assist us with our enquiries.
“We’re also keen to speak to anyone who may have any information or footage that could assist us with our investigation.”
- Anyone with information should contact police on 0161 856 4409 or 101 quoting incident 2885 of 13/02/22.