Salford road closures: eight for motorists to avoid this week
Salford's motorists will have eight road closures to avoid nearby on the National Highways network this week.
And three of them are expected to cause delays of between 10 minutes and half an hour.
The latest expected works list, with notes from National Highways, shows that three closures already in place are expected to carry on this week:
• A556, from 8pm March 26 to 6am March 28, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M56 eastbound, junction 9 to junction 5 - carriageway closure for Electrical works.
• M60, from 9pm March 20 to 6am April 1, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M60 clockwise and anti-clockwise J11 to J11 - carriageway closure for drainage.
• M62, from 8pm March 18 to 5am April 2, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M62 eastbound and westbound, junction 10 to junction 12 - Lane closure for drainage.
And a further five closures will begin over the next seven days:
• M61, from 9pm March 29 to 5am March 30, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M61 northbound, J2 to J4 - lane closure for carriageway - reconstruction/renewal.
• M62, from 9pm March 29 to 5am March 30, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M62 eastbound, Jun 11 to Jun 12 M60 clockwise - lane closure for barriers - permanent.
• M60, from 8.30pm April 1 to 5.30am April 13, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M602 eastbound and westbound, junction 1 - three lane closures and carriageway closures due to maintenance works.
• M61, from 9pm April 4 to 5am April 17, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M61 southbound, J4 to J3 - lane closure for signs - erection.
• M62, from 9pm April 4 to 5am April 5, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M62 westbound, junction 12 to junction 11 - lane closure for electrical works.
National Highways is responsible for maintaining motorways and major A-roads, so closures of smaller roads will not be included in their schedule.