Road closures: six for Manchester drivers over the next fortnight
Drivers in and around Manchester will have six National Highways road closures to watch out for this week.
And five of them are expected to cause delays of between 10 minutes and half an hour.
The latest expected works list, with notes from National Highways, shows that one closure already in place is expected to carry on this week:
• M60, from 8pm November 14 2023 to 6am February 3 2024, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M60 both directions, junction 20 to 3 - lane closures and slip road closure for signs - erection on behalf of National Highways.
And a further five closures will begin over the next two weeks:
• M60, from 9.30am November 21 to 3.30pm November 23, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M60 Anticlockwise, junction 21 lane closure due to communication works.
• A5103, from 10pm November 29 to 6am December 2, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M56 both directions J1 to J3 - lane closure for structure - maintenance.
• M60, from 9pm December 3 to 5am December 4, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M60 clockwise and anticlockwise jct 19 - 18 lane closures and slip road closures due to maintenance works.
• A5103, from 8pm December 4 to 6am December 8, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M56 both directions J3 to J6 - carriageway closure for structure - maintenance.
• M60, from 9pm December 4 to 5am December 5, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M60 clockwise and anticlockwise jct 18 - 21 lane closures and carriageway closure due to maintenance works.
National Highways is responsible for maintaining motorways and major A-roads, so closures of smaller roads will not be included in their schedule.