Manchester road closures: almost a dozen for motorists to avoid this week
Manchester's motorists will have 10 road closures to avoid nearby on the National Highways network this week.
And five of them are expected to cause moderate delays – with drivers facing holdups of between 10 and 30 minutes.
The latest expected works list, with notes from National Highways, shows that two closures already in place are expected to carry on this week:
• A5103, from 8.30pm March 18 to 5am March 20, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M56 eastbound, junction 4 to junction 1 - carriageway closure for Horticulture (Cutting and Planting).
• A5103, from 8pm January 23 to 7am May 31, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M56 both directions A5103 (A560 Altrincham Rd) to M56 Sharston Link - carriageway closure for carriageway - reconstruction/renewal.
And a further eight closures will begin over the next seven days:
• M60, from 8pm March 20 to 6am April 1, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M60 Clock and Anticlockwise, junction 27 to 28 carriageway closure for inspection works.
• M60, from 8pm March 20 to 1am March 21, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M60 clockwise, junction 3 exit slip road lane closures due to maintenance works.
• M60, from 8pm March 21 to 5am March 22, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M60 clockwise J2 to J4 - Lane closure for Structure - maintenance.
• M60, from 9pm March 21 to 5am March 23, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M60 anti-clockwise, junction 5 to junction 2 - lane closure for barriers - permanent.
• A5103, from 10.30pm March 22 to 6am March 23, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M60 clockwise, junction 5 to 6 lane and slip road closures for barriers - permanent.
• M60, from 9pm March 23 to 5am March 24, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M60 clockwise, junction 19 entry slip road closure due to barrier works.
• M56, from 8pm March 26 to 5am March 27, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M56 eastbound, junction 5 to 3a - Lane closure for barrier/Fence Safety Repairs.
• M60, from 9pm March 29 to 5am March 30, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M60 anticlockwise, junction 20 to 19 - lane closure for structure - maintenance.
National Highways is responsible for maintaining motorways and major A-roads, so closures of smaller roads will not be included in their schedule.