There are still lots of things going on to get stuck into and help put you in the festive spirit if you aren’t already. Here are a few of our favourites.
Where you can find Santa’s Grotto
Even though Christmas is right around the corner, there is still time for your little ones to pay a visit to the main man himself. We’ve put together a list of some of the places you can find him.
- Tinsel Town at the Trafford Centre
- Winter Wonderland at EventCity,Trafford
- Chill Factore, Trafford
- Lancaster Park and Animal Farm, Oldham
- Santa’s Sleigh / Postbox, Manchester Arndale
- Father Christmas Experience at Wythenshawe Hall, Manchester
- Enchanted at Knowsley Safari
- Cockfields Christmas Experience, Ashton
- Reddish Vale Farm, Stockport
Christmas Light Trail at Dunham Massey
Now in its fifth year, Dunham Massey’s Christmas Light Trail is selling out fast.
Visitors will also get the chance to walk through a huge tunnel of light. This is perhaps one for those who are thinking of ways to get the family together in between Christmas and New Year and who enjoy being outside.
Park N Party
Following a sell-out success in 2020, the immersive drive-in cinema experience Christmas City has returned to Manchester once again. Set up in a brand-new location at the Soccer Dome in Stretford right through to 2 January 2022, organisers are bringing entertainment safely to visitors in their own cars.
Having returned with what is being described as a “festive extravaganza”, Christmas City is set to show a huge selection of outdoor Christmas cinema classics, some for children and others for grown-ups.
- December 23 - Home Alone 2pm / Frozen 5pm / Home Alone 2: Lost In New York 8pm
- December 24 - How the Grinch Stole Christmas 11am / Elf 2pm / Home Alone 5pm
- December 28 - The Greatest Showman 7pm
- December 29 - Dirty Dancing 7pm
- December 30 - Annabelle 6pm / The Strangers 9pm
- December 31 - The Exorcist 7pm
Car tickets cost £45 plus booking fee.
if you fancy something a bit more cosy, they also have Christmas City Pods on offer which cost £60 plus booking fee.
Tickets can be found on their website here.
Mince Pie Special - East Lancashire Railway
If you’re looking for a way to relax after a frantic Christmas, then why not settle down for a leisurely steam train ride and enjoy a delicious mince pie onboard at the East Lancashire Railway.
Offering a post Christmas, festive treat, the Railway are offering mince pies for visitors to enjoy whilst travelling on a steam train along the Irwell Valley.
You can buy tickets via the Quay Tickets website here.