Peter Kay has announced the news fans have been waiting for with a brand new tour entitled Better Late than Never. The comedian has confirmed he will perform 15 UK shows and the best news is Manchester fans won’t have to wait long as Kay is scheduled to kick off his tour at the AO Arena next month.
It’s been almost 12 years since Kay last took to the stage after the planned Have Gags, Will Travel tour was cancelled due to “unforeseen family circumstances”. Now the wait is over as the UK wide tour will be kicking off in a matter of weeks.
Kay did make a rare public appearance last year to host a Dance For Life danceathon raising money for Cancer research. The event at London’s Alexandra Palace proved time away has only made the comedian funnier with fans raving about the performance.
After stepping away from the limelight Kay made another public appearance in May this year at the Ivor Novello Awards. Since then there have been rumours the star was set to make his comeback, and they have finally come to life with yesterday’s announcement.
So, when will Peter Kay make his long awaited return to the stage? Here’s everything you need to know about his upcoming tour and how to get tickets for his Manchester dates.
Peter Kay Better Late Than Never tour in Manchester
Peter Kay announced he was bringing his new show to Manchester’s AO Arena for not one, but two dates on December 2 and December 3.
To the delight of fans, he then announced seven additional dates for shows at the AO Arena on Thursday (November 10), these are:
- September 22-23, 2023
- October 19-20, 2023
- November 5-6 , 2023
- December 1 ,2023
Peter Kay tickets 2022/23
Tickets for the comedian’s highly anticipated comeback tour will be available for general purchase from Ticketmaster on November 12, at 10am.
Will there be presale tickets?
The Three+ pre-sale tickets went on sale from 10am on Thursday November 10, for up to 48 hoursbut immediately saw massive demand. The tickets will go on general sale from Saturday November, 12.
To access this pre-sale ticket window, fans need to be a Three UK customer (Pay Monthly or Pay As You Go) and have downloaded and registered on the Three+ app before pre-sale opens.
Three+ is the rewards app from Three UK, with exclusive offers from leading brands across food and drink, entertainment, days out, wellbeing and shopping. The Three+ app is free to download for Three customers to enjoy the latest rewards and a few extra plusses in life.
The pre-sale is part of a three-year partnership between Three UK and ASM Global, allowing the mobile network’s customers to access tickets for hundreds of live events at the AO Arena Manchester, first direct arena Leeds, P&J Live Aberdeen, Bonus Arena Hull and Utilita Arena Newcastle, before they go on general sale.
Peter Kay Better Late Than Never tour 2022/23
Here is a full list of dates for the upcoming tour:
- December 2, 2022: AO Arena, Manchester
- December 3, 2022: AO Arena, Manchester
- December 17, 2022: Utilita Arena, Birmingham
- January 6, 2023: M&S Arena, Liverpool
- January 20, 2023: First Direct Arena, Leeds
- February 17, 2023: Utilita Arena, Sheffield
- March 9, 2023: Utilita Arena, Newcastle
- March 23, 2023: Resorts World Arena, Birmingham
- May 5, 2023: OVO Hydro, Glasgow
- May 19, 2023: First Direct Arena, Leeds
- June 16, 2023: Cardiff International Arena, Cardiff
- June 17, 2023: Cardiff International Arena, Cardiff
- July 14, 2023: Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham
- July 15, 2023: Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham
- August 11, 2023: Utilita Arena, Nottingham
- September 22, 2023: AO Arena, Manchester
- September 23, 2023: AO Arena, Manchester
- October 19, 2023: AO Arena, Manchester
- October 20, 2023: AO Arena, Manchester
- November 5, 2023: AO Arena, Manchester
- November 6, 2023: AO Arena, Manchester
- December 1, 2023: AO Arena, Manchester
DISCLAIMER: This article contains affiliate links. We may earn a small commission on items purchased through this article, but that does not affect our editorial judgement.