Peter Kay is finally back on tour after a 12 year absence, and is due to perform at the AO Arena in Manchester on Friday (December 2) and Saturday (December 3). As 21,000 fans gather at the venue to see the Guiness World Record holding stand-up comedian perform, one detail ticket holders will be eager to know about is what the seating plan looks like.
The ticket release for the tour saw more than two million people queue, with some ending up buying tickets for the wrong event. But as the Better Late Than Never Tour kicks off at the AO Arena in Manchester on Friday December 2, there are still some tickets remaining via different ticket sites.
Finding your way to AO Arena should not be too difficult as it is conveniently located in the city centre and can be reached by all forms of public transport. The Metrolink will take you directly to the stadium near Victoria Station from Rochdale, Bury, Altrincham, East Didsbury and Manchester Airport, and the Shudehill bus station is just a five minute walk from AO Arena.
As the Bolton-born comedian comes to AO Arena in Manchester for his first set of gigs, some questions are due to arise. Here is everything you need to know about parking, prohibited items, seating plans and more at AO Arena.
AO Arena parking
If you are planning on getting to AO Arena by car, CitiPark provides an on-site car park with 958 spaces. During the event, the car park is manned by the events team ensuring parking goes smoothly throughout the night.
If you don’t want to drive in the city centre, there are several Park and Ride facilities that will take you to the arena. The following Park and Ride facilities are free to use with a valid Metrolink ticket and will take you to AO Arena:
- West of Manchester, Ladywell, 250 spaces (Pilgrims Way, Salford, M50 1AW) – 25-minute journey to city centre
- South of Manchester, Hollinwood, 202 spaces (Hudson Street, Failsworth, OL9 7LG) – 20-minute journey time to city centre
- East of Manchester, Ashton Moss, 200 spaces (Alexandria Drive, Ashton, OL6 7UB) – 30-minute journey time to city centre
- South of Manchester, Sale Water Park, 316 spaces (Rifle Road, Sale, M33 2LX) – 25-minute journey time to city centre
The following items are prohibited at AO Arena:
- Glass, cans, aluminium bottles or thermoses of any kind including liquid products which can be consumed.
- Flammable liquids in any container
- Laser pens/pointers
- Video cameras, recording devices and professional cameras
- Laptop computers, tablet devices, Go Pro’s or tablets with filming and recording capabilities
- Large/golf/metal tipped umbrellas
- Knives or weapons of any kind
- Illegal drugs or substances
- Alcoholic beverages
- Signs, banners or flags on poles, staffs or selfie sticks
- Animals (except ADUK registered service dogs)
- Air horns, whistles, cowbells or other noise-making distractions
- Projectiles (frisbees, beach balls, footballs etc)
- Aerosol cans (hairspray, deodorant etc )
- Fireworks, confetti, glitter bombs or flares
- Use of wheeled footwear, skateboards
- Food and drinks
- Helmets and full face masks
- Large studs and chains
AO Arena seating plan
For seated events, the arena floor is split into nine blocks, with A, B and C right in front of the stage, D, E and F in the middle and G, H and J in the back. The stage is positioned in front of seating block 119 and 1020, and opposite seat blocks 108 and 109.
You can find a detailed seating plan for AO Arena here.