Singer songwriter Billy Idol is coming to Manchester on Thursday where he will kick off a six date UK arena tour.
The AO Arena gig in Manchester is the first of Billy’s ‘The Roadside Tour’ and he is set to bring a great show to town.
Idol is sure to bring plenty of music both old and new on tour with him as he makes his way around the UK for the first time since 2018.
Here’s how you can still get tickets to the show, and also what to expect in terms of setlist, who is supporting Billy Idol as well as what items you can take into the AO Arena..
When does Billy Idol play in Manchester?
Billy Idol brings his UK tour to the AO Arena on Thursday October 13
How to get tickets
Tickets are still available through Ticketmaster for Billy Idol’s gig at the AO Arena. These start from £55 and can be purchased through Ticketmaster.
Who is the support act?
Billy Idol will be supported by Television and Toyah for the six UK tour dates throughout October.
This is the setlist Billy Idol played at a gig in Germany earlier this month, and may give an indication of which songs he may play in Manchester and yes, it’s looking very likely he will treat fans to perhaps his most successful track, White Wedding.
- Dancing With Myself(Generation X song)
- Cradle of Love
- Flesh for Fantasy
- Bitter Taste
- Acoustic Guitar Solo
- Eyes Without a Face
- Play Video
- Guitar Solo
- Mony Mony(Tommy James & the Shondells cover)
- Runnin’ From the Ghost
- One Hundred Punks(Generation X song)
- Blue Highway / Top Gun Anthem
- Rebel Yell
- Rebel Like You
- Born to Lose(The Heartbreakers cover)
- White Wedding
What can’t I take into the AO Area?
As with many gigs at the arena, there is a range of items that won’t be allowed in with you. The arena have this listed posted online:
- Glass, cans, aluminium bottles or thermoses of any kind including liquid products which can be consumed.
- Flammable liquids in any container
- Laser pens/pointers
- Video cameras, recording devices and professional cameras
- Laptop computers, iPads, Go Pro’s or tablets with filming and recording capabilities
- Large/golf/metal tipped umbrellas
- Knives or weapons of any kind
- Illegal drugs or substances
- Alcoholic beverages
- Signs, banners or flags on poles, staffs or selfie sticks
- Animals (except ADUK registered service dogs)
- Air horns, whistles, cowbells or other noise-making distractions
- Projectiles (frisbees, beach balls, footballs etc)
- Aerosol cans (hairspray, deodorant etc )
- Fireworks, confetti, glitter bombs or flares
- Use of wheeled footwear, skateboards
- Food and drinks
- Helmets and full face masks
- Large studs and chains
Full UK tour dates
- Thursday October 13- Manchester-AO Arena
- Monday October 17- Cardiff- Motorpoint Arena
- Wednesday October 19- London- The SSE Arena, Wembley
- Friday October 21- Glasgow- The SSE Hydro
- Sunday October 23- Birmingham Resorts World Arena
- Tuesday October 25- Leeds- First Direct Arena
How old is Billy Idol?
Billy Idol, (66), whose birth name was William Michael Albert Broad, was born in London on November 30, 1955.
DISCLAIMER: This article contains affiliate links. We may earn a small commission on items purchased through this article, but that does not affect our editorial judgement.