Man City transfer news 2022/23: latest confirmed summer signings & departures, including Erling Haaland
Man City’s full summer transfer window so far.
and live on Freeview channel 276
The club has seen a busy transfer window so far, saying goodbye to some of their bigger players as well as welcoming new players.
Ahead of the new season, ManchesterWorld takes a look at all the latest activity coming from the club, including the total net-spend so far.
So, who has left and joined Man City in the transfer window so far?
Here’s everything you need to know about the latest transfer news.
When did the summer transfer window open?
The summer transfer window for Premier League and English Football League (EFL) clubs and for the Scottish leagues opened on Friday 10 June 2022.
When does the summer transfer window close?
The clubs across England will have to have all business and transfer activity wrapped up before the window closes.
The transfer window is scheduled to close on Thursday 1 September 2022 at 11pm.
Which players have left Man City during the transfer window?
Man City have had a fairly busy transfer window, and bid farewell to fan favourite Raheem Sterling just last week.
Here is the full list of Man City FC departures, including the transfer fee that the club received:
- Raheem Sterling - Chelsea - £50.58 million
- Gabriel Jesus - Arsenal - £46.98 million
- Pedro Porro - Sporting CP - £7.65 million
- Ko Itakura - Borussia Monchengladbach - £4.50 million
- Fernandinho - Athletico Paranaense - free transfer
- Ryotaro Meshino - Gamba Osaka - free transfer
- Diego Rosa - Vizela - loan transfer
- Zack Steffen - Middlesbrough - loan transfer
Which players have signed for Man City during the transfer window?
One of their most exciting signings came with Erling Haaland putting pen to paper on a five-year long deal for £54 million.
The goalscorer left his previous team Borussia Dortmund and will make his debut in the coming weeks.
Here is the full list of Man City FC signings, including the transfer fee that the club received:
- Erling Haaland - Borussia Dortmund - £54 million
- Kalvin Phillips - Leeds - £43.87 million
- Stefan Ortega - Arminia Bielefeld - free transfer
What is Man City’s net spend in the transfer window so far?
Net spend is defined as being the difference between money that a club has earned from player sales and the money spent on new signings.
Thus far the club has spent £97.87 million on new arrivals to their team for the season.
Man City has made £109.71 million on players departing the team.
What are Man City’s first games of the season?
- Liverpool - Saturday 30 July, 5pm
- West Ham - Sunday 7 August, 4:30pm
- Bournemouth - Saturday 13 August, 3pm
- Newcastle - Sunday 21 August, 4:30pm
- Barcelona - Wednesday 24 August, 8:30pm
- Crystal Palace, Saturday 27 August, 3pm
- Nottingham Forest, Wednesday 31 August, 7:30pm
- Aston Villa, Saturday 3 September, 3pm
- Tottenham, Saturday 10 September, 5:30pm
- Wolves, Saturday 17 September, 12:30pm