Former The Only Way Is Essex star Joey Essex has suffered the first injury of the upcoming series, after slicing his finger in training.
Essex took to Instagram on Wednesday (October 12) to share images of his finger which was wrapped in a thick bandage and plaster.
He captioned the images with ‘Respect the ice, otherwise the ice will not respect you… Day 2’.
Joey also uploaded a video to his Instagram Stories and said: ‘I’ve ended up with a metal finger, I’m lucky to still have the finger to be honest.
‘You live and learn. If you are ever going to be a dancer on the ice, don’t take risks straight away. Go slow. It’s all about patience.’
Essex was the seventh celebrity to be confirmed in early October. He joins a star studded cast including former footballers and even a recent Love Island winner.
Regarding his upcoming appearance on the show, he said: ‘I’m so excited. I wanted something in my life with structure and it’s more serious than what I usually do.
‘I’ve done all the dating shows in the world but this is more serious... like SAS: Who Dares Wins.
‘I used to go to foam parties in a dancing rink, I’m not the best skater. I did it maybe when I was 11 or 12 but nothing proper.
‘It’s scary, it’s a competition, I’ve done The Jump which is similar sort of... well I won it but I don’t know how.
‘This is one of them shows I’m looking at thinking winning would be a bonus, I’m gonna put all my energy into it.
Full lineup for Dancing on Ice 2023
- Patsy Palmer - Former Eastenders actress
- Josh Fashanu - Former footballer
- Ekin-Su Cuculoglu - Love Island 2022 winner
- Nile Wilson - Former Olympian
- The Vivienne - Winner of the first series of RuPaul’s Drag Race UK in 2019
- Joey Essex - Former TOWIE star
- Mollie Gallagher - Coronation Street actress
- Darren Harriott - Comedian
- Carley Stenson - Former Hollyoaks actress and West End star
- Michelle Heaton - Singer
- Siva Kaneswaran - Singer, The Wanted