Manchester United’s summer transfer window finally looks to be picking up pace, with the Red Devils increasingly touted to get their closed season spending underway in the coming days.
New manager Erik ten Hag will no doubt be eager to bolster his squad ahead of the 2022/23 campaign, but could also look to trim his playing staff too in an attempt to mould the dressing room at Old Trafford in his image.
The rumours are coming thick and fast, and with that in mind, here’s Monday’s United-related transfer news...
United hopeful of Eriksen agreement
Manchester United remain hopeful that they will be able to secure a deal for Christian Eriksen, according to Forbes.
The Dane is a free agent this summer, with his impressive short-term deal at Brentford set to expire following his arrival in January.
A number of clubs, including the Bees and Eriksen’s former club Tottenham, have been credited with an interest, but it is understood that there is “growing confidence” at Old Trafford that the 30-year-old could be persuaded to opt for a move to Manchester.
A contract offer was made to the midfielder earlier this month, and prior reports that it had been rejected are said to be premature.
Instead, United believe they are very much in the running to sign Eriksen - who would not be regarded as an alternative to heavily-linked Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong.
Forbes’ update on the matter reads: “There is an expectation Eriksen will inform them of whatever he decides during the next week, and United believe they have made him the most lucrative and attractive offer.”
Fulham in for Pereira
Fulham have launched an £11 million bid to take forgotten midfielder Andreas Pereira to Craven Cottage, according to the Daily Mail.
The Brazilian spent last season on loan in his home country with Flamengo, and is expected to be deemed surplus to requirements by new United manager Erik ten Hag this summer.
Aware of the uncertainty surrounding his future, the Cottagers have looked to capitalise with an initial £8.6 million offer that would rise upon the completion of performance related targets were met.
Whether Pereira would be open to a move to West London remains to be seen, however.
The Mail suggest that the 26-year-old could still look to make his loan agreement with Flamengo permanent, or may even launch one last attempt at staking a claim for a more prominent role at Old Trafford.
United reject Maguire offer
Manchester United have refused to include Harry Maguire in part of a deal to sign Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong this summer, according to a report from The Sun.
In a surprising twist to the ongoing saga involving the Dutch midfielder, Barca are understood to have proposed the idea of including England international Maguire as a makeweight in any potential deal.
Despite his underwhelming form last term, however, it is expected that the 29-year-old defender will have a key role to play under the incoming Ten Hag, and as such, the Red Devils have ruled out his exit.
For his part, Maguire is said to be happy to stay at Old Trafford at this stage of his career.