Diesel prices in the UK have reached a new record high, according to the RAC.
The motoring organisation said prices were now on average over £1.80 a litre - and petrol prices went up by nearly 3p a litre too this month to £1.66.
A survey by What Car? suggests one in five motorists are thinking of swapping to electric cars as price rises are putting them off.
However, huge variations in prices have been noted - even within the same local area.
With that in mind, we look at some of the cheapest places to buy petrol and diesel in Greater Manchester today (Monday 16 May) with the help of data from PetrolPrices.com
1. Costco Manchester Automat, Trader Avenue, M41 7ZA: petrol 156.9p; diesel 171.9p
2. Asda Harpurhey, Moston Lane, M9 4DS: petrol 159.7p; diesel 173.7p
3. Morrisons Openshaw, Ashton Old Road, M11 2NG: petrol 160.7p; diesel 174.7p
4. Morrisons Eccles, Irwell Place, M30 0FH: petrol 160.7p; diesel 174.7p
5. Morrisons Failsworth, Oldham Road, M35 0AM: petrol 160.7p; diesel 174.7p
6. Morrisons Oldham, Hollinwood Avenue, OL9 7LD: petrol 160.7p; diesel 174.7p
7. Morrisons Swinton, M27 4BT: petrol 160.9p; diesel 174.9p
8. Asda Hulme, Greenhays Lane, M15 5AQ: petrol 161.7p; diesel 174.7p
9. Asda Eastlands, Alan Turing Way, M11 4BD: petrol 161.7p; diesel 174.7p
10. Morrisons Chorlton-cum-Hardy, Wilbraham Road, M21 0SD: petrol 161.7p; diesel 175.7p
* Prices correct at time of publication but are subject to change.