This year, with Covid-19 still circulating in the UK, the NHS have outlined why it is important for people to receive the flu vaccine.
Flu vaccination is important because:
- more people are likely to get flu this winter as fewer people will have built up natural immunity to it during the COVID-19 pandemic
- if you get flu and COVID-19 at the same time, research shows you’re more likely to be seriously ill
- getting vaccinated against flu and COVID-19 will provide protection for you and those around you for both these serious illnesses
According to the NHS, if you’ve had COVID-19, it’s safe to have the flu vaccine. It will still be effective at helping to prevent flu.
The flu vaccine is available to the following people for free on the NHS.
- People who are 50 and over (including those who’ll be 50 by 31 March 2022)
- have certain health conditions
- are pregnant
- are in long-stay residential care
- receive a carer’s allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
- live with someone who is more likely to get infections (such as someone who has HIV, has had a transplant or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis)
- frontline health or social care workers
Below are locations within one mile of Manchester city centre where you can get a flu jab.
To see availability and book an appointment, call up the location.
Boots 116 Portland St, Manchester, Lancashire, M1 4RL 0161 236 7254
Boots Piccadilly Station, Manchester, Lancashire, M1 2BN 0161 228 2059
Boots 11-13 PICCADILLY, Manchester, Lancashire, M1 1LY 0161 834 8244
Superdrug Stores Plc 7-9 Piccadilly Gardens, Manchester, M1 1LZ 0161 819 1427
Cameolord Pharmacy 16 Oxford Street, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M1 5AE 0161 236 1445
Boots 32 Market St, Manchester, Lancashire, M1 1PL 0161 832 6533
LloydsPharmacy Brunswick Street, Ardwick, Manchester, M13 9UJ 0161 273 1327
Faith Pharmacy 59 Booth Street West, Hulme, Manchester, Lancashire, M15 6PQ 0161 232 8044
Manor Pharmacy 172 Stretford Road, Hulme, Manchester, Manchester, M15 5TL 0161 226 3179
Manor Pharmacy 202 Chapel Street, Salford, Manchester, M3 6BY 0161 839 1212