From 7 September, millions of invitations will be landing on doormats inviting people to book an appointment, with a record 3,100 sites expected.
“While we know that this winter will be challenging with a likely resurgence in both COVID and flu for the first time since before the pandemic, the best way to protect yourselves and your loved ones from serious illness is to get the newly approved, next-generation covid vaccine when invited to do so.”
Here’s everything you need to know about the Autumn Covid booster programme, including who is eligible, how to book a jab, and where in Manchester to get one.
Who is eligible for a Covid booster this Autumn?
Starting from 5 September, around 26 million people across England will be eligible for an autumn booster over the coming weeks. These include:
- Over 50s
- Those with a weakened immune system
- Health and social care workers
- Care home residents
- Housebound people
Those in these groups will be alerted by the NHS either by post, email or text as to when it’s their turn to book a booster appointment.
It will become available to more of the population once the most vulnerable have had their chance to have a booster.
How to book a Covid booster jab this Autumn
Once you’ve been directly invited to have your booster, you can book a vaccination appointment through the NHS booking service.
The NHS is urging people to use the website to book their jabs, but if you cannot, you can instead phone 119 free of charge.
Where in and around Manchester can I have a Covid booster jab?
At the time of writing, there are four different places within 10 miles of Manchester where you can have a Covid booster jab. These are:
- 1881 Masonic Hall, 15 Westbourne Road, Urmston, M41 0XQ
- Baguley Pharmacy, 37 Petersfield Drive, Baguley, M23 9PS
- Breightmet Health Centre, Breightmet Fold Lane, Bolton, BL2 6NT
- Elliots Pharmacy, 60 Seymor Grove, Old Trafford, M16 0LN
There are also six others between 10 and 20 miles away. These are:
- Allied Pharmacies, Unit 18 Bold Industrial Park, St Helens, WA9 4TU
- Aston Chemists, 95 Accrington Road, Blackburn, BB1 2AF
- Hootons, University of Bolton Stadium, De Havilland Way, BL6 6AF
- Horwich RMI, Ramsbottom Road, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 5NH
- iPharm, 2 Roundwood Drive, St Helens, WAO 5JD
- Northwich Vacc Centre, Hartford Methodist Church, Beach Road, Northwich, CW8 3AB
To find out which is closest to you, visit the NHS vaccination site finder.